The Lovely Life

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ofiicially Excited for Easter!

Of course I was excited, but now I'm realllllly excited! My stepdaughter and her sister are coming out for the weekend! Which makes me sooo grateful we didn't color Easter eggs yet! We have had the stuff for it for over a month, but I kept hoping if I held out, it would workout so Lex (my stepdaughter) could do them with us! I hate doing anything like that without her! Thank you God for my patience! lol.







We have so much planned for this weekend! We are going to color Easter egss, finally! And we're going to make Jelly Bean bark! Found the recipe, and it's so cute and easy enough the kids can help! We are going to Hubby's hometown on Saturday, and instead of staying at my FIL's, as planned, with 4 kids, we decided to stay in a hotel with a pool. We stayed in a hotel a month ago, but Lex wasn't able to come, so we have been wanting to do that with her. And swimming is great because it completely closes the age gap when they are in the pool. They all just swim and splash and laugh and it's great. :)




Sunday we are going to my Hubby's Grandparents! They live on a river, so it's a fun place to do an Easter egg hunt! I've got for 40 eggs, and there will be more too! My FIL plays guitar at his church, the one we will be going to for Easter, so that will be nice to watch! I'm just really, really excited!








The kids and I decorated big, foam eggs a few days ago. I hung those up, and added an Easter table cloth and a few other things, and we are now decked out for Easter! I put together all of the Easter baskets last night. I am usually anti-toy in baskets, unless it's Easterish, but Olivia has recenetly gotten into Barbies, so I thought it would be cute to throw one into hers. Plus it takes up enough room where it still looks full with a LOT less candy. I got Chase a Spiderman watch because he has been wanting a watch like Dad's, and then I got the girls bubbles and some egg shaped chalk. The chalk wouldn't fit in the baskets, so I am just going to set it around, decorative looking. I LOVE making Easter baskets. We always got the store bought kind, which were of course really cool, and way overpriced. Now they're not even that expensive, but I can't bring myself to do it. I love picking out every item that goes into it, and then arranging it all. It's FUN! And they have so many cute Easter candies! They even had bunny shaped ring pops! Too cute!

I love how these baskets turned out! But I will say, this is my last year using little baskets! There is just too much stuff to fit into it! I think the little ones are a lot cuter, and I think it is a lot better for kids. I think kids become ungrateful when they are over spoiled. Not just with Easter baskets, with everything! It just seems when you give kids a lot of something, they start expecting it. It's a fine line! I'll figure it out. That's what being a parent is... figuring it out as you go... learning what to do, by learning what not to do. :)



We made the Grandparents little Easter bags too! Hope they like! Only a few days till Easter! Hope you're all as excited as I am! I'm a Holidays Junkie! I can't help it! lol.


:)

1 comment:

  1. I think it's so nice you are having both girls for Easter. I bet it means a lot to Lexi and her sister too! Hope you have a great holiday :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
My name is Lindsay, and I am a very busy Mommy! I have a 6 year old little boy, an *almost* 4 year old little girl, and a 12 year old step-daughter. I am married to my first and only Love, and this past March we celebrated our 7th Wedding Anniversary. My family is my greatest accomplishment! I love Art, in all of its forms. I love painting, sketching, crafting, writing, doodling, scrap booking, even cake making, and of course photography. When I am not spending time with my kids, or my family, I love being with my friends. I cherish the relationships in my life above all else. I am a down to earth, happy go lucky, madly in love with life kinda gal! :)