The Lovely Life

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Always late, but worth the Wait

At least that's what I like to tell myself. I am so behind on blogging. Whenever I feel like there is something I realllllly want to blog about, i kinda clam up, get intimidated, flake out... whatever. So I am way behind! So I will play a little teeny bit of catch up! Except for the Cali trip. Some day, hopefully sooner than later, I will write a LONNNG blog about how freaking AMAZING California was! If I'm being honest, I'd like to write a blog for every day we were there; for every city we went to. Because it was that good. Anywho, short and sweet is it!

We are still debating on the moving away thing. Everyday I feel different about it. There are so, so, so many reasons to go. And only one reason to stay. But that one reason is the biggest reason. People. Our family and our friends. The thought of living without them, missing Birthdays and Holidays and everything in between... I hate that thought. Like HATE it. And I don't use the word "hate". We talked to my Mom about it and she just had this disgusted look on her face. Like she couldn't even believe we were telling her this. My dad was very supportive and said we needed to do what was best for us, but then I talked to my step mom about it and she said he was pretty upset about it. We talked to my stepdaughter about it, and she was ridiculously mature about it. She said she feels like she doesn't get to see us enough as it is. But then she said if we moved she would be happier because she could stay for a lot longer than just the weekend, which is obviously more ideal for her. I understand completely! I hated the whole back and forth, seeing my dad for a weekend crap. There is no structure in a weekend. I can cram in activities, projects and a million pictures, but it's still just a weekend. As for my friends, we're not even talking about it. They don't like the idea, end of story. Tony and I honestly feel like we could give the kids a better life somewhere else. I just hate the thought of hurting people, and I know leaving would hurt people. If only life were SIMPLE! Why can't it be??

Okay, last topic, I swear! Bestie's Wedding... dun dun dun! I got my Bridesmaid dress... or should I call it my Maid Of Honor dress? Hehe. ;) So happy to have that done with! And we are a week away from the Bridal Shower! It is going to ROCK! My first official shower as a Hostess! Hooray! I rock at hosting parties, and I have had a ton of showers of my own (7!) so I got this! :) We are doing everything in the wedding colors, pink and black, so it's going to be very elegant! We are going to have fresh flowers and lit candles all over. On top of black frames full of pictures of them, as well a slide show going throughout the whole shower. Not to mention a bunch of fun games, with a million prizes (about 50) and great food! Please let it go smoothly, and if it does it will be a shower to go down in the books! Make me a Maid of Honor, and you will not regret it! lol!

And I'm spent.

1 comment:

  1. What about not moving so far away and just somewhere that could be in a days drive?

    In the end you do have to do what is best and has the best career opportunities for YOUR family. It is impossible to make everyone happy, its hard to please everyone, and in the end of it all, someone will be left unhappy regardless right?!
    Live your life!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
My name is Lindsay, and I am a very busy Mommy! I have a 6 year old little boy, an *almost* 4 year old little girl, and a 12 year old step-daughter. I am married to my first and only Love, and this past March we celebrated our 7th Wedding Anniversary. My family is my greatest accomplishment! I love Art, in all of its forms. I love painting, sketching, crafting, writing, doodling, scrap booking, even cake making, and of course photography. When I am not spending time with my kids, or my family, I love being with my friends. I cherish the relationships in my life above all else. I am a down to earth, happy go lucky, madly in love with life kinda gal! :)