The Lovely Life

Monday, March 21, 2011

Decisions, Decisions

For the last month Tony has been talking very seriously about going back in to the Army.
I don't really know how I "feel" about the idea. I loved the Army life! But we have been out for over 2 years now. Our life is different, and I've adjusted. Although I love change. So I don't know. I love the idea of living somewhere warmer than MN, but I hate the idea of my kids not seeing their Grandparents all the time. Right now they see them about once a week. That would change to a few times a YEAR! Break my heart! And moving would break my family's heart! They were so happy when we moved back home!
Another one of the big reasons I am not for it is also the fact that Tony gets the GI Bill, which is AMAZING! His college is paid for, and what an opportunity that is! And I don't want him deploying again either. Missing a whole year at a time is just not cool. Been there, done that. At the same time, the stability that comes with Military life is like nothing in the world! He is also considering applying to some police departments around the country. He has already filled out the paper work for the Columbus, Georgia police department. We LOVED living in Georgia, but at the same time, it's sooooo far away from our family! Sigh.
So much to think about!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think the police dept is a great idea! Either that, or there is always working for the government as a civilian. They usually get paid better anyway! haha :)

    I think it would be pretty awesome if we all ended up back in GA together at some point. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were watching a show oneday and I looked at Kevin and said why dont you get out and become a cop. We could move to GA and you could be a Columbus cop.. I saw him thinking about it. I really think he processed it. Sometimes I think kevin would do better out of the army. I get mad he doesnt advance his career like he should.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
My name is Lindsay, and I am a very busy Mommy! I have a 6 year old little boy, an *almost* 4 year old little girl, and a 12 year old step-daughter. I am married to my first and only Love, and this past March we celebrated our 7th Wedding Anniversary. My family is my greatest accomplishment! I love Art, in all of its forms. I love painting, sketching, crafting, writing, doodling, scrap booking, even cake making, and of course photography. When I am not spending time with my kids, or my family, I love being with my friends. I cherish the relationships in my life above all else. I am a down to earth, happy go lucky, madly in love with life kinda gal! :)