The Lovely Life

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Twenty-Eight

First off my Birthday... ROCKED. Yet again, another great Birthday. Maybe because it's my favorite day of the year, so it is inevitably going to rock? Who cares why, it did!

My Mom rocked it, as always. And then the night of my Birthday I went out with my close friends for dinner and drinks. It was a blast and they spoiled me! I got a ton of new jewelry, new nail polishes, hair pieces, a scarf, yada yada. And from the hubby, an hour long massage (ooooh how I have been dreaming of that), and roses. The roses were from Chase too, because he picked out half of them. I came out and there were red and yellow roses, and I was like, "yellow?" and knowing Chase had gone with him, I asked "Chase?" and he said "Yep." Yellow is his favorite color. I thought that was so sweet! My parents and grandparents gave me $$$ and my stepdaughter bought me a necklace with a little camera pendant. Her mom told me she had picked out a present for me herself, and I KNEW it had something to do with photography. I was honestly expecting a frame though, so when I opened it and saw the cutest necklace with a camera pendant I was so touched! I've only taken it off to shower. Pretty thoughtful for a 9 year old!

I feel like I am ten listing off Birthday gifts I got, haha, but they just seemed so great, and I appreciate them so much! I feel like they're worth mentioning. In all honesty, I have many relationships in my life where I give more than I get. That's just how it is, and I accept that. That's just who I am. I would so much RATHER give than get! It makes me feel good about myself. So yes, I definitely appreciate that my friends and family went so above and beyond for me. :)

Back to Birthday talk! The next night we went out with a much larger group of friends, friends who aren't necessarily a part of my daily life, but I still love and enjoy. :) And that was a BLAST... from what I can remember. ;) When the weekend FINALLY came, we took the kids to ChuckECheese. While we were in Cali, Chase was sooo good the whole time, that we told him we would take him to ChuckECheese when we got home. Well he was so excited, but said he didn't want to go until Lexi (his big sister) could come too! Which I was not at all surprised by, but still thought was so cute. Except that the entire week before she got here he kept asking if we could go get her. Lol. I wanted to do something fun with them for my Birthday anyway, so ChuckECheese was perfect! And they were sooooo good the whole day! Even as they took turns, and had to wait for each other to finish a game, even when we ran out of coins, and it was time to go, and when they turned in their tickets and had just enough for candy, pencil toppers and stickers and were ECSTATIC about it! Even in the CHAOS that is ChuckECheese on a Saturday afternoon, they were perfect! And so happy! Which made us so happy! There is no feeling of success on this planet like seeing your kids genuinely happy at your hand. Amazing feeling.
Great Birthday indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
My name is Lindsay, and I am a very busy Mommy! I have a 6 year old little boy, an *almost* 4 year old little girl, and a 12 year old step-daughter. I am married to my first and only Love, and this past March we celebrated our 7th Wedding Anniversary. My family is my greatest accomplishment! I love Art, in all of its forms. I love painting, sketching, crafting, writing, doodling, scrap booking, even cake making, and of course photography. When I am not spending time with my kids, or my family, I love being with my friends. I cherish the relationships in my life above all else. I am a down to earth, happy go lucky, madly in love with life kinda gal! :)