The Lovely Life

Friday, June 10, 2011

It's Campin' Time!

We got our camper today!
We looked at about 20, I kid you not. We decided on this one because it had the most of what we wanted, the least problems, we were able to talk the seller down to a very fair price, and we could get it today! So we did!
We pulled into the driveway, and both the hubby and I were instantly in love, trying hard to play it cool. The thing was so much bigger than we were expecting! It's a pop up, and a far bigger pop up than we've ever seen! We were originally going to get a pull behind, but with a pop up, this one in particular, we got sooo much more for our money! We wanted a fixer upper, but any pull behind under a grand was completely gutted. Actually EVERY pull behind we saw was completely gutted.
Look at how happy my son is! THAT is a smile!



The kids had so much fun in it! They were crawling all over, jumping, laughing, calling it their fort, their little house. It was adorable. Between me, the kids, and the hubster, we couldn't keep the smiles off our faces! I see so, so, so many happy memories ahead of us. I loved camping as a kid, and I can't wait to give my kids those same memories. I told my hubby, what I want from this camper, is to make so many good memories that I bawl my eyes out the day we have to sell it.

We drove it over to my Dad's to show him, and he was so excited and happy for us that he volunteered to put in new cabinets for us. TOMORROW. So bright and early tomorrow morning, my hubby is heading over to my Dad's and their going to do all the wood work. I'm so happy about that. As you can see, or tell by all the ORANGE, it's from the 70's. Aside from the new wood, we just have to recover the fabric. Otherwise, it's ready to rock!

Yay! Color me all kinds of happy! =D

1 comment:

Followers

About Me

My photo
My name is Lindsay, and I am a very busy Mommy! I have a 6 year old little boy, an *almost* 4 year old little girl, and a 12 year old step-daughter. I am married to my first and only Love, and this past March we celebrated our 7th Wedding Anniversary. My family is my greatest accomplishment! I love Art, in all of its forms. I love painting, sketching, crafting, writing, doodling, scrap booking, even cake making, and of course photography. When I am not spending time with my kids, or my family, I love being with my friends. I cherish the relationships in my life above all else. I am a down to earth, happy go lucky, madly in love with life kinda gal! :)