The Lovely Life

Monday, January 31, 2011

Birthdays on the Brain


I am a planner. I like to plan things. I spend a lot of time planning things. Too much time, to be honest. But I am also a perfectionist, which is how I justify thinking about it all, so far in advance. That being said, my son's Birthday is in June and I have been planning his Birthday party since about December.
This year we are having a Super Hero theme, and in fairness, it was pretty much impossible not to at least come up with the theme early, because Chase is OBSESSED with Super Heroes. He thinks they are absolutely the coolest thing on the planet. We got him a handful of costumes for Christmas, and he had a few before that. So he is pretty much always wearing one. Which is why I decided to ask the kids to come in Super Hero costumes, and for those who don't have one already, we will have a basket full of them.

Blah blah blah. Anyway, what I think is absolutely adorable is that Chase knows he is having a Super Hero Birthday party, and it is literally all he talks about! He sits and tells people about it; Grandparents, Friends, etc. When he gets mad at someone he tells them they better be nice or they're not going to his Super Hero Birthday party. Hilarious! And he talks about his cake constantly. As I mentioned in a prior blog, he takes my cake sketch book, and carries it around, staring at the drawing. So this makes me, as a mommy, feel like a huge success! Kind of like when you watch your child opens a gift that they wanted badly, or that you just know they will love. You feel so good about yourself, for making them so happy. :)
Back to the party talk, I think I am going to make a lot of stuff for it. I mean I always make a poster board with pictures, and things like that. But this year I am thinking about making other things; other little details. I am pretty good at stuff like that, and the only thing that stops me from doing it, is feeling all of that hard work gets wasted. But, I enjoy making things, creating things, so why not! Even if they get tossed away. They are enjoyed for a little bit, and that's good enough for me! That's why I love flowers; they are beautiful, they smell wonderful, light up a room, and your mood, and after a week, they are done. You don't have to find some place to stick them forever. I love that! I'm going to make a ball toss game, with a board made of different Super Heros. Not sure what craft I'll have the kids do yet. I am also planning on having a pinata, because those are always a hit! I will be buying that!
Part of my dilemma for the Birthday party is, I was considering having his party at a Chuck E Cheese, or a giant maze, etc. If I do that there is really no point in crafts or games. So hmmm to that. I guess we will see what happens.
Throwing parties is so much work! But I love it. It's pretty much my favorite thing to do. I actually have Olivia's next birthday party all mapped out too. And I am so beyond excited for it! I am so, so, so grateful I have a little girl. Because I am such a girly person, and as much as I love throwing my little boy parties, throwing little girl parties, with pink and purple, flowers, and butterflies, and everything else... that is right up my alley.
Chase is playing with his cars right now, and listing off all of the people that are coming to his party. Hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
My name is Lindsay, and I am a very busy Mommy! I have a 6 year old little boy, an *almost* 4 year old little girl, and a 12 year old step-daughter. I am married to my first and only Love, and this past March we celebrated our 7th Wedding Anniversary. My family is my greatest accomplishment! I love Art, in all of its forms. I love painting, sketching, crafting, writing, doodling, scrap booking, even cake making, and of course photography. When I am not spending time with my kids, or my family, I love being with my friends. I cherish the relationships in my life above all else. I am a down to earth, happy go lucky, madly in love with life kinda gal! :)