The Lovely Life

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Everything's better with Sprinkles


I bought a new book for sketching my cakes. It's adorable, and very fitting as you can see.

Well the irony is I actually bought a regular notebook for sketching them yesterday, and then today I was at the craftstore and saw this one. Lol. Oh well.

I typically will sketch a cake on any scrap paper I have near me, so I like that I'll have a little more organization with it now. Yay! :)

The funny thing is since I got it I've been sketching cakes like crazy... all kinds of different ideas. Hoping the ambition will stay strong through out the year, in my journey to make it a frosting filled year. Lol. I sketched the Super hero cake I'm planning on making for Chase's Birthday, and he saw it and has been obsessed with it. He's been carrying the book around and randomly turning to the page and looking it over. Very cute. Glad he's excited. He loves my cakes! He always wants to watch and help, and of course lick the spoons. I love being a Mom. It allows you to have dorky hobbies, like cake making. Chase is seriously my number one fan. He is always telling me my cakes are "the best cakes ever", and asking me to make him different kinds. Although he also tells me I'm the best mom ever, at least once a day, lol, so he might just like the phrase. Either way, he is such a sweetheart; so kind. And very generous too. If he has only one of something left, he'll break it in half, and give half away. I think being a kind person is possibly the best thing a person can be.
I can't wait until both Chase and Olivia are old enough where we can make cakes together. I can't wait to pop the naked cakes in front of them and let them go to town! How fun to be a kid and get to frost your own cake, all by yourself. I've got a list a mile long of all the things I can't wait to do! BUT I WILL WAIT! lol.
Speaking of things I can't wait for, I can't wait until next week, when I get to make another cake. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love Chase so much! He is so sweet. Of course, Olivia too! I can't wait to see all of you again. And taste one of your cakes. Cause now that I think of it, I don't think I ever have.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
My name is Lindsay, and I am a very busy Mommy! I have a 6 year old little boy, an *almost* 4 year old little girl, and a 12 year old step-daughter. I am married to my first and only Love, and this past March we celebrated our 7th Wedding Anniversary. My family is my greatest accomplishment! I love Art, in all of its forms. I love painting, sketching, crafting, writing, doodling, scrap booking, even cake making, and of course photography. When I am not spending time with my kids, or my family, I love being with my friends. I cherish the relationships in my life above all else. I am a down to earth, happy go lucky, madly in love with life kinda gal! :)