The Lovely Life

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Cake-tastic-ness...


My first cake of 2011. :)

This is another one of my new goals for the New year, to make more cakes!
They are so much fun to make, even if they are a ton and a half of work. Still it totally tunes me into my creative side, and that is always a good thing! There are few things I enjoy as much as 'creating'.
This one is a Birthday cake for my Stepmom. :)
One thing that had stopped me from making cakes as often is that I am very, very hard on myself. A complete perfectionist when it comes to any form of Art that I am working on. I decided to let that go and just have fun. No need to stress, people don't expect perfection. That being said, my plan is to just try all kinds of different looks for the cakes I make. Before I would stick mostly with fondant, because in all honesty it is a lot prettier, BUT I think frosting can be pretty also. Just not as precise and neat. Creative minds are rarely tidy. :)
Either way, I had a blast making this, and look forward to making more in the upcoming year. :)

1 comment:

Followers

About Me

My photo
My name is Lindsay, and I am a very busy Mommy! I have a 6 year old little boy, an *almost* 4 year old little girl, and a 12 year old step-daughter. I am married to my first and only Love, and this past March we celebrated our 7th Wedding Anniversary. My family is my greatest accomplishment! I love Art, in all of its forms. I love painting, sketching, crafting, writing, doodling, scrap booking, even cake making, and of course photography. When I am not spending time with my kids, or my family, I love being with my friends. I cherish the relationships in my life above all else. I am a down to earth, happy go lucky, madly in love with life kinda gal! :)