The Lovely Life

Monday, January 24, 2011

Tick Tock Tick Tock

I have been pursuing this resolution, the biggie, the lose weight/eat right/work out thing for 24 days. And I have to say I am doing pretty decent at it. I've been working out at least 4 days a week, which is not bad considering I wasn't working out at all way back yonder, in 2010. ;) I want to work out everyday, and that's my goal, but 4 days out of 7 isn't bad. Although now that I say it out loud, write it down, etc... 4 out of 7 is only 60% or so. That's a D. Shoot. Ok, I'm distracting myself. Lol.
Anyway, I feel semi-successful thus far. And on top of that, I am down 8lbs, which is wonderful. Looking at the scale and seeing that is wonderful. However, I still feel like I want more than that. I want to see 20lbs fall off, which I know is ridiculous in 24 days. I probably feel discouraged because I don't actually SEE the weight coming off. I want to show off how good I have been, and how much better I feel, but I have nothing to show. I know I just have to be patient. Thank God for this wedding I am in because it is amazing motivation! I will be in my step aerobics class, dying, and I will think, "I want to look beautiful, I want to look beautiful," and it will kick me right into gear, and I will suddenly be giving a 100% and feeling great!
So I just have to stay focused, stay motivated, and not give up on myself! Wish me good thoughts, send me some prayers, whatever you've got, I'll take it! Thanks friends! =)

1 comment:

  1. Hey.. Let me just say you are not alone. I wrote a blog about watching I used to be fat on MTV.. So Kevin said he thinks I could hit my goal in 90 days.. So I made a chart and I weigh in every monday. After learning the girl on the show worked out 4-8 hours a day, I started to realize my goal was a bit hard to reach.. however she lost 90lbs in 110 days and I do not want to lose that much.. So if I work hard I can come close.. However, thus far im down about 4-6lbs.. Its so discouraging. Im on like day 22 or something. Some days I weigh myself and ill be one number and then the next ill be 2lbs higher. I have noticed when I work out hard like weights and stuff the number goes up. Well thats because my body is putting on muscle. I have to keep telling myself that. I know ive changed already because my pants are fitting differently. So even though the scale isnt always changing doesnt mean your body isnt doing anything.. Muscles are sexier than fat, so I have to keep toning and toning.. Good luck I know you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
My name is Lindsay, and I am a very busy Mommy! I have a 6 year old little boy, an *almost* 4 year old little girl, and a 12 year old step-daughter. I am married to my first and only Love, and this past March we celebrated our 7th Wedding Anniversary. My family is my greatest accomplishment! I love Art, in all of its forms. I love painting, sketching, crafting, writing, doodling, scrap booking, even cake making, and of course photography. When I am not spending time with my kids, or my family, I love being with my friends. I cherish the relationships in my life above all else. I am a down to earth, happy go lucky, madly in love with life kinda gal! :)