The Lovely Life

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My New Nativity Scene

It is absolutely perfect! I have wanted one for such a long time, but they seemed to all be rickity, with a million little pieces. This is two solid pieces, and I am so glad I waited until I found the perfect one! It looks like it could be sitting in a Cathedral, which is very much the look I like. I found it at this little consignment shop. They had all Christmas decorations at 50% off so I decided to take a look!
I grew up seeing Nativity Scenes at Christmas, in the homes of my Parents and Grandparents. As silly as it sounds, I feel like a grown up now, having my own! And decorating for Christmas is something I look forward to all year long. But my decorations consists of Santa Claus, snowmen, and all of the corporate Christmas images. And I know in my heart that is not what Christmas is about. It feels really good to finally own my very own, beautiful Nativity Scene. It completely made my day, and I am so glad my kids will grow up seeing this at Christmas. I'm only sad I have to wait until next year to display it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
My name is Lindsay, and I am a very busy Mommy! I have a 6 year old little boy, an *almost* 4 year old little girl, and a 12 year old step-daughter. I am married to my first and only Love, and this past March we celebrated our 7th Wedding Anniversary. My family is my greatest accomplishment! I love Art, in all of its forms. I love painting, sketching, crafting, writing, doodling, scrap booking, even cake making, and of course photography. When I am not spending time with my kids, or my family, I love being with my friends. I cherish the relationships in my life above all else. I am a down to earth, happy go lucky, madly in love with life kinda gal! :)