The Lovely Life

Monday, February 14, 2011

Lover's Day!

Our's was wonderful!
We deicided to spend it as a family, instead of just the normal His&Hers day. So glad we did! We ordered in from our favorite Japaneze Hibachi grill. Amazing, as always. We were going to go there, but instead Chase and I decided to turn our dining room into Valentine's day central! I had a V-Day playdate with some friends, so I still had a table cloth, cups, napkins, plates... very festive! The kids LOVED it! As soon as the table was all set they just sat there, playing at the table, for an hour before we ate! So cute! I love being festive, and I know how much more fun and special it makes the day for the kids! My mom was always festive, and it made everything so much more fun! I am so glad I inherited that from her! So yes, great day!
The kids loved their Valentine's and Tony did too. I got a romantic little jar, and filled it, and I mean FILLED IT, with all of his favorite candy! The thing was packed! He thought I bought it, haha. And he LOVED the scratch off bouqet I made him. He couldn't believe I came up with the idea myself, he thought I must have seen it somewhere. Nope. I always get him scratchoffs for little gifts, and wanted to do something romantic with it. Worked perfectly!
He got me a dozen, beautiful, red roses, handmade chocolate tuxedo strawberries (MY FAVORITE), and a card that with only 4 lines, made me cry. Very special.
I LOVE VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!

And I would love to hear about all your Valentine's days also!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Well Kevin was off on Vday cuz he gets sunday and monday off.. Sunday we went to walmart and we noticed the valentine aisle was sad looking. So I told him he better get my candy now. I had seen chocolate covered cherries which I usually only get a christmas, so he found the only ones left which was a huge box and got them for me. Monday morning he was feeding Karsyn while I showered because we were going to Springfield to shop and hit up our fav japanese habatchi place lol.. Well I kissed Karsyn and said happy valentines day and then he kissed me and said it to me and said my candy was downstairs.. He had to take Gavin to school and run to the vets office on post so me and karsyn waited for him to come pick us up.. Well I called him because he was taking too long and he said he was almost home. So I had the baby ready and met him at the door so we could go shopping and he came to the door with a dozen red roses :) No card though.. But thats ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy- I was wondering if you guys were going to do the Hibachi!!! lol. Yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a wholesome family, any special day is complete when concretized by wholesome relationships anchored on love. "Treasure your relationships, not your possessions." - by Anthony J DVAngelo on Relationship quotes

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
My name is Lindsay, and I am a very busy Mommy! I have a 6 year old little boy, an *almost* 4 year old little girl, and a 12 year old step-daughter. I am married to my first and only Love, and this past March we celebrated our 7th Wedding Anniversary. My family is my greatest accomplishment! I love Art, in all of its forms. I love painting, sketching, crafting, writing, doodling, scrap booking, even cake making, and of course photography. When I am not spending time with my kids, or my family, I love being with my friends. I cherish the relationships in my life above all else. I am a down to earth, happy go lucky, madly in love with life kinda gal! :)