The Lovely Life

Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentine's Day is on the Way!





This is by far, without a doubt, one of my absolute favorite parts of the Holidays... or any Holiday.

I love doing crafts, or Art projects with the little ones!

For one reason, I LOVE Art, and I am very passionate about it, as well as anything which sparks creativity in kids! I think it is so ridicoulsy important, and that in itself is a whole other blog. So I'll save it. But I love watching them go to town and really express themselves!



















And I honestly get so excited to see how their projects will turn out. Their personalities shine through so much in these painted, glittered & glueds masterpieces.

Another reason I love doing these projects with them, is it is something they can all do together! It is not easy finding things a 9 year old, 3 year old and 1 year old have in common. This they do. And I absolutely LOVE that! Siblings are lifelong best friends, and I love them so much and want them to have EVERYTHING in life! I don't want them to miss out, or not get to experience eachother and their relationship to the absolute fullest, just because of an age gap!

And the last reason I love our holiday craft time is because I am in love with the Holidays! I believe in celebrating life and every day, and the holidays... oh wow, I am all about celebrating, embracing, enjoying, and appreciating the Holidays! I want nothing but happy memories for all of theirs'!

As you can see, their Valentines turned out lovely! And as I stated before, their personalities shine through so much!

This was Art project was one of my favorite yet, because Olivia just jumped right in! A lot of time I will have to put the paintbrush, glitter, etc, in her hand, and give her a nudge or two. She loved making Valentines and went at it completely by herself. She was all about our shiny confetti, and I was pretty pleased.

I'm always so proud of these silly little construction paper projects. And as you can see, they were pretty proud too! As they should be! :)

The last picture is a Valentine for me and Daddy. I had them do their handprints and I did the detailing. I love it! There's no way to stop them from growing, but handprints are such a great way to preserve them, and even freeze time in a small way! I don't ever want to forget these very special days!


Happy Valentines Day! Hope you are all as excited as I am!

2 comments:

  1. That heart is just too adorable! You and your kids are amazingly crafty!

    And to answer your question on my blog post, we are definitely considering adoption at this point. Hopefully sometime next year we will have enough saved to look into that option!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
My name is Lindsay, and I am a very busy Mommy! I have a 6 year old little boy, an *almost* 4 year old little girl, and a 12 year old step-daughter. I am married to my first and only Love, and this past March we celebrated our 7th Wedding Anniversary. My family is my greatest accomplishment! I love Art, in all of its forms. I love painting, sketching, crafting, writing, doodling, scrap booking, even cake making, and of course photography. When I am not spending time with my kids, or my family, I love being with my friends. I cherish the relationships in my life above all else. I am a down to earth, happy go lucky, madly in love with life kinda gal! :)