The Lovely Life

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Vacation, all I ever wanted

So we finally have decided where we are going to go for our Anniversary getaway! We are going to Southern California, the LA area. I am sooo excited! We are both so indecisive when it comes to things like this, so it wasn't easy. Haha.
We originally wanted to go to Panama City Beach, FL. We have been there twice, as when we lived in Georgia we were only 4 hours away, and it was such a fun, and beautiful place to go! Nothing but great memories! And both times we have gone, we brought the kids, so we thought even with them, it was so much fun, so how amazing would it be to go with just the two of us. But we looked into tickets, just to fly there, and they were outrageaous! I guess we were spoiled when we were a short road trip away! So then we started thinking about a cheap, but fun vacation. Well hello, I think everyone knows the answer to that one... VEGAS! I went there with my best friend, when we were 21 and it was without a doubt one of the best weekends of my entire life! Ridiculous, overwhelming amounts of fun! And Tony has never been there, so even better! However we thought since this is an Anniversary celebration, we kind of wanted to go somewhere with a little more romance and a little less partying. So cheap was out! Haha. But we decided still no on Panama City Beach, beacuse we have been to FL 4 times together. Time for something NEW! So then our brains wandered to the idea of a cruise. Which I was in love with. But once I started looking into that I realised you spend most of your time on the boat, and only a couple days on the actual islands. Even though from what I understand the boat has endless amounts of entertainment, it is still a glorified hotel. And I am not one to spend time at a hotel while vacationing. I sleep there and that's about it!
So all of these vacations sounds amazing, and someday I would like to take each one, and a hundred more, haha, but not this time, for this very special occasion!
I'm not even sure how we decided on California. I think I just threw the idea out there, and we sat on it, while considering all of them. We really hate making decisions. Really. But it seemed one thing after another, pros to California kept popping up. And it just started sounding better and better! Now we're at the point where there is so absolutely much to do and see there, that we are researching like crazy, to figure out how to narrow down the list! Now that is my idea of a vacation!
I like to take it all in; the people, the culture, the sites. Who knows if I will ever be back, so I want the FULL experience! I'm not going to get into the whole list of things we want to do and see while we are in Cali, but I will tell you, we are renting a convertible, and I am looking forward to driving down the coast like nothing else!

3 comments:

  1. I agree about exploring fun new places. We want to go back to Disney so bad, but we've been already. So much left of the US to explore!
    I hope you have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it sounds fun! How long are you going for? Id love to go to a taping of Ellen, but thats in burbank I think.. I dont know lol.. I would love to see Cali too. Id love to have a ton of money and just shop on rodeo drive! That would be so cool! Have fun. Cant wait to see you in Hawaii :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
My name is Lindsay, and I am a very busy Mommy! I have a 6 year old little boy, an *almost* 4 year old little girl, and a 12 year old step-daughter. I am married to my first and only Love, and this past March we celebrated our 7th Wedding Anniversary. My family is my greatest accomplishment! I love Art, in all of its forms. I love painting, sketching, crafting, writing, doodling, scrap booking, even cake making, and of course photography. When I am not spending time with my kids, or my family, I love being with my friends. I cherish the relationships in my life above all else. I am a down to earth, happy go lucky, madly in love with life kinda gal! :)