The Lovely Life

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Revised Resolution...

I've decided to step things up a little with the resolution.
I was looking online for how much weight it is safe and healthy to lose at max, in a period of time. I found it is okay to lose 2 to 4lbs a week. I have lost 8lbs in almost 5 weeks. Not horrible, but not ideal.
The website also said the way to go about it is by burning off 500 calories MORE than you eat a day! YIKES!! On an average day I will burn 400 to 500 calories while I work out. Probably more than that on the 2 days a week I have my step aerobics class!
So this means 2 things...

1) I am going to have to crack down on the diet more. I have been eating healthy, but I am talking lean cuisines, veggies, and nothing else!

2) I am going to have to start working out multiple times day. I know that working out multiple times a day for short periods is better than working for a long period only once. The more times a day I get my metabolism going, the better! So that is one of my revised resolutions. Not every day, but as much as I can stand!

So you know what is serioulsy insane? I have been working out on the bike, and the treadmill, and they rock, don't get me wrong. But I have never in my life seen results as quick as when I workout with this bad boy!
...my Gazelle. YES- a Gazelle! A rickity, $100 workout machine, that I got 5 years ago! The only problem with it is that as I said, it's rickity, which means it's noisy. I am fine with it because I work out with my ipod in, and my smart phone in hand. Plenty to do, thank you God for technology! But the squeaks drive my poor hubby nuts. So I've decided to work around that, and use it while he is at school. Yay! I'm a genius! Har Har!


Speaking of excersise machines, this is my newest addition....

Don't let it's appearance fool you! I too underestimated it, but now it is my new arch enemy, and it is a KILLER! Ouch ouch ouch! Sigh. It's HARD! Hopefully after more practice, and more physical routine, it will get easier. Crossing my fingers...
Either way, I won't be discouraged! NO WAY! I am on a mission, and the light at the end of the tunnel is glorious! I'll get there!

1 comment:

  1. I used to work out on my sisters gazelle and hated it because it was rikity.. I thought it was just that one.. Good to know! lol.. But yeah it worked good.. I liked all the leg motions without the impact!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
My name is Lindsay, and I am a very busy Mommy! I have a 6 year old little boy, an *almost* 4 year old little girl, and a 12 year old step-daughter. I am married to my first and only Love, and this past March we celebrated our 7th Wedding Anniversary. My family is my greatest accomplishment! I love Art, in all of its forms. I love painting, sketching, crafting, writing, doodling, scrap booking, even cake making, and of course photography. When I am not spending time with my kids, or my family, I love being with my friends. I cherish the relationships in my life above all else. I am a down to earth, happy go lucky, madly in love with life kinda gal! :)